Saturday 20 March 2010

Picture arranging

I have a tutorial for today, on how to arrange pictures on the wall. This is of course a chapter to be found in many interior design handbooks. Still, we all need a refresher course from time to time, don't we?

My search today started with this post by Anna Spiro of the distinct East-meets-West fusion interiors.


The mini tutorial I found comes from Design FormuLA. It includes several possible arrangements of pictures of various sizes. I found the grids like the one below very helpful.

 
{tutorial, picture credit and more pictures here}

My most favorite arrangement, one that depicts the importance of harmony in all that we do comes from a painting by Swedish artist Carl Larsson.


It tells me that anything beautiful is even more beautiful when we see it around us, in our homes...


love, Irene

4 comments:

Cathrines Kreative Hjørne said...

Hi Irene,
thank you for visiting my blog! The picture arranging-adwiser was very interesting, and I will have that in mind with our own staircase! Have a nice Sunday!

Best wishes
Cathrine :-)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic post Irene! Hanging pics can be tricky!

helle said...

I so agree, Carl Larsson-way of hanging pictures are so lovely!

Hugs

Irene said...

Cathrine-Hello, it is a pleasure having you over here. I look forward to seeing your staircase. I am sure it will be fabulous!

Hereself:Hello, so glad YOU like it!

Helle-Hello, yes, I do love artists such as Larsson who depict "normal" lives.

Best buys