Wednesday 18 April 2018

Some thoughts on growing up and letting go



The grate to happiness is self compassion






Η δημοσίευση κοινοποιήθηκε από το χρήστη Irene Farmer (@thehappyturtle) στις

The more I grow old, the more I sense the need to grow. Not in n'importe quelle direction. I feel the urge to grow into myself. 

There is nothing selfish to this and I don't need to explain it to those who have followed taken this path already. Here it is though, as it unfolds:

We are brought up in split habits. Either be selfish and go for it over dead bodies, or be submissive and endure. Christian culture does not help in that direction. Compassion for self is not taught at school. You learn to be competitve, get better higer marks, you learn to shape your judgement following other people's opinions, and you learn to accept authority, the teacher, the schoolmaster, the boldest and most judgemental of students.
As I make the conscious decision to grow up, a field of open opportunities arises.
I no longer need to like that kind of bed (because my soon-to-be-ex-husband likes it) but a new kind o bed, and this, I realise just now, may have more implications than the object itslef.
I have recently began working with a holistic practitioner and I am amazed at her insights. I am amazed at the recurrent themes that I have been neglecting, thinking they would go away.
I am amazed at how much pain we get to inflict upon ourselves by not being ourselves.
I am finding out more about myself, and as I see how my feelings and actions have an impact on my body, I realise that you can hide from everyone but yourself. 
So, I choose to let light in, at my own pace, and as the Divine wants me to unfold. And be myself.

Love and Light, 
Rena

No comments:

Best buys